JEE (Main) 2016 Overview
The All India Engineering/ Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE) was held every year by CBSE on all India basis for admission to professional and technical programmes in India. But from 2013 onwards the JEE Mains replaced the AIEEE exam. Students are required to take the new Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Mains) for admission to engineering courses in the esteemed IITs, NITs, IIITs, deemed universities and other centrally funded technical institutions.
JEE (Main) 2016 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the B.E./ B.Tech course, you should have studied Physics & Mathematics at 10+2 level with any one from Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science or Biology as optional subjects. For the B.Arch/ B.Planning course, students should have had Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level. The equivalent examinations of 10+2 are:
- The +2 level examination in the 10 + 2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board Of Secondary Examination, Central Board of Secondary Examination, New Delhi and Council for Indian School certificate Examination, New Delhi.Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two- year course of the joint services wing of National Defence Academy.
- Any public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10 + 2 system.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- A Pass grade in the Senior secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.